Thursday, May 8, 2014

ARIZONA CONTINUED ---

ROCK CITY and PIE ... ORGAN STOP PIZZA ...  MAY 08 2014 


Now if that is not a combination I  don't know what is.  We stopped at a little (very very little) dot on the map known as Rock City - the home of the best pies in the world.  WE had eaten lunch earlier, but were ready for desert.

Yep - the pies were great.  We each had a different kind.  Still don't know which one was best.  Needless to say we took a pie and some sticky buns home with us.    The rest of that day was mostly un-eventful.  Can't have an event all the time, all tho I try my darndest to come up with events.  





The next evening for supper the kids - Linda, Dave, Rachel and Mark - took me to Organ Stop Pizza.  What a weird name for a pizza place.  Large building.  Upon entering you got in line to order your pizza.  While the guys waited, we went into the dining room to get a table - it was help yourself.  And I was stopped in my tracks, and actually speechless for once.

This was a huge dining room.  In center-front there was a very large raised round stage with a very large Wurlitzer Organ in the center.  The entire wall in front of the organ were the pipes, and other musical thinga-a-ma-jigs that were played right from the organ.  The music was amazing.   The organist was amazing.  Not only did he play with no music that I could see, he also took requests and played them.

When it was time for the organist to take his break, the stage began revolving, dropping into the floor.  After his break, the stage again revolved, rising up out of the floor.  I learned later that Pizza Stop had 3 organists, as they rotated, a different one each evening. 






Needless to say the pizza was also delicious and I brought 2 CD's home with me.

Got things to do so had better get crackin'.  Have a great day and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment