Monday, June 17, 2013

HMMMM !!!

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? ... JUNE 17 2013

Sometimes you just have to shake your head and wonder. 

Kids and a grandkid with her husband flew home from Arizona for the reunion.  Which was Saturday - note I said was. 

Good attendance.  Lots of good food.  Lots of chatter.  Had a Chinese auction which went over very well.  For some.  Of course there had to be one there who, for some strange reason, had most of the winning tickets. 


Got to give her credit though.  She gave away some of her winnings to others who liked said prize.  See - we have a really good bunch of people.

Had great music - something called Silver Sky.  I have yet to discover the silver, or the sky.  We were in a covered area.  Couldn't even see the sky.  But they were a great group,  really enjoyed listening to them.




So did all the other old folks.   Excuse me, I should have said 'senior citizens' to be politically correct.  But when have I ever been P.C.?  I say this because it was mostly the seniors who danced.  And dance they did.




We had a rip-roarin good time.  I did keep my cell phone in my hand, ready to dial 911. 


I was the photographer capturing the moment, so I was probably the only one who could have called 911 if necessary.
It was a great way to spend the afternoon, seeing folks you haven't seen for-ever.  And folks whispering to each other - "who is that"?

We had  taken a lot of old pics with us, and they were a big hit. 

All in all it was a great day.  Perfect weather.  Great food.  A musical group that actually knew what kind of music we liked, even played some Polkas. 


Have a great day - the sun is shining - and God Bless. 






No comments:

Post a Comment