Friday, June 27, 2014

THE MULCH PILE

SHRINKING, SHRINKING, SHRINKING ...JUNE 27 2014

The mountain has now become a small hill.  Hopefully in the next few days the hill will become a mound.  I only have one more area to mulch.  Between the end of the house and the dog pen.

Why do I mulch there?  Darned if I know.

When Bossman bought the place, there was no dog pen, were no flower beds, no landscaping of any kind, but lots of rocks.  Lots and lots of rocks.  Previous owners must have had a thing about rocks.  The only place we have any of their rocks left is at the end of the house.  We built the dog pen when we came here.

This is the end of the house that contains the propane tanks and the air conditioning unit.  They had laid sheets and sheets and sheets of heavy duty black plastic, then held it down with about a bejillion rocks.  Made walking very interesting to say the least.

So as our landscaping progressed and I put in flower beds and laid tons of mulch, I didn't know what to do with that end of the house.  And so using my amazing mind I hit on a solution.

Mulch, mulch and more mulch.  Each year I have been able to cover more of this area with left over mulch.   You can walk on the mulch.  Makes it easier for our A.C. maintenance and refilling the propane tanks.  And uses the left-over mulch.  And it looks better.  Am I brilliant or what?

Just do me a favor - don't ask Bossman that question.  I am sure you would get a tirade and you would have to kick yourself for asking. 

Anyhoo that is the only spot left to mulch.  Also got the used- to- be Iris bed dug up, Irises finding new homes away from here and Bossman laid out the design for the new bed.  Attaching some before and after pics.  The goose moved behind the machine shed in one of my flower beds there.  Don't know where the pink flamingo went.  It is somewhere around here.








GUESS THE COMPUTER DID NOT LIKE THE ORDER IN WHICH I LOADED THE PICTURES.  BUT YOU CAN GET THE GIST/JIST, WHATEVER.

What ever mulch remaining Bossman is putting around his new fruit trees he planted this spring.  It definitely will not go to waste.

I am tired.  For some unknown reason.  Have a great day and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Mulch and rocks -- certainly the foundations of any good landscaping project. I'm glad that you found some use for all of the mulch. Now, what are you planning to do with all those rocks? You could arranged them in such a way so that they could look aesthetically pleasing, to go along with your landscaping plans. Good luck for the rest of the way!

    Darrell Gardner @ Living Colour Gardens

    ReplyDelete