Monday, June 25, 2012

NO LEPRACHAUNS or POTS OF GOLD....MONDAY JUNE 25 2012....

...but, oh!  the memories.  So much to see and do.  So much history.  So much beauty.  So many pictures - will take me days to edit and organize.

I did see a 'fairy tree' though, where the fairies supposedly live.  And castles - even spent the night in one - and scenery, and sheep  (lots and lots of sheep) and cows and horses.  Saw the cliffs, and the museums, and the cities, both in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland (they are two seperate countries now), rode 1400 miles on the bus, on and off  a bejillion times. 

As the days go on and I get organized (if that is possible) I will take you along with me.  Twelve days was not nearly enough.  The name of our tour was the IRISH ODYSSY, and an odyssy it was. 

All the folks on our bus were from the states, were a great bunch of folks and we had a wonderful time.  We saw singing and dancing, ate baked beans for breakfast ( that is standard in Ireland, along with grilled tomatoes), learned what it was, and drank, Irish coffee.  Gives you quite a kick. 

The Irish people were wonderful, we shopped, had to carry on  to the plane a lot of stuff  because our suitecases were full. 

None of the folks I was with had a single complaint about the trip, accommodations, the entire nine yards.  If you wanted a perfect vacation this was it.  We did have rain, every day we had rain, usually just a fine mist, or a soft rainfall - we wore our jackets and raincoats every day.  But we also had sunshine,  and more overcast days than actual rain. 

Have to sign off for now - try to get caught up time-wise.  I am still on Irish time (they are 5 hours ahead of us), will take a couple of days to get the old body back in gear. 

I hope you all are well, and I will begin sharing my trip with you sometime in the next couple of days, once I know when it is day and when it is night.  In the meantime, we do need rain, so hopefully some of the Irish rain will decide to come this way.  Enjoy our day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment