Thursday, November 21, 2013

GOT TO GET ---

--- GUSSIED UP ... NOVEMBER 21 2013

Whatever that is.  I have already started this a.m. because it takes much much longer to look presentable. and tonight I have to look presentable.  I will be working on the "presentable" most of the day.

And just why is that?

I am one of the 20 accepted artists to display their work at the Shrader Center at Oglebay Park in Wheeling for the next  about 6 weeks.  Our work will be on display and for sale.  They have bus load after bus load coming through the park for the Christmas Festival of Lights, and that is one of the stops.  Then there will be the private automobiles.  All of the above spend much of the day at Oglebay.

Spent part of the day Tuesday preparing my display.  Tonight is the artist's reception, beginning at 5 p.m.  You know, food and all that stuff. 

Now you know about the "gussied up" bit.  Going to be a major operation.  Really major.

I love every minute of it.  Best part, two of my friends, Russ and Vicki, also have their work on display.  We will definitely party tonight!!!!!!!!  The show and sale lasts until early January.

And since I am such a good step-mom, am making a pot of home-made vegetable soup for bossman for his supper tonight.  Am I good or what?  I also have ulterior motives, but will not go into that until later.

I am attaching two of my newest pics.  No - these are not at Oglebay but will be with me when I do the Aladdin Shrine Temple Christmas Festival in Columbus, Ohio.  Just thought you might like seeing them.



Quite an extreme, one ready to collapse into the water, another sparkling in the sun.  The floating away is at the 1000 Islands in New York.  The Victorian Mansion is in Pennsylvania.

Well, better get off of here and make the soup.  That way I can have some for my lunch.  Just taste-testing you know.

Have a great day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment