Saturday, May 25, 2013

WILD and WONDERFUL

WEST VIRGINIA - Part 2 ... May 25 2013

Continuing south on our journey first thing we saw was the Rock N Wood Covered Bridge in Mineral County.

Next stop was the OUR LADY OF THE PINES, the smallest church in the country at Silver Lake.   There was also a Post Office there.  It was about the size of a shoe-box.






Onward we went, arriving at Dolly Sods State Park in Tucker County, then driving through the Canaan Valley area, seeing barns, and scenery. 








From there we passed by Seneca Rocks, saw some very unusual Quit Smoking barns.  They fit right in with my Mail Pouch barn collection.




We arrived in Elkins, where we spent the night.  I'm not sure if this was the second or third night.  Too many things on my mind.


Speaking of too many things, had better close this out and get crackin'.  Folks will be arrivin' 'fore I know it for our cook-out.  Looks like it will be a beautiful day.   Had a heavy frost thismorning - looked as if it had snowed.

Went out first thing and watered my annuals to remove the frost from them before the sun hits them.  I have been told that will work.  Guess I'll find out.

Everyone enjoy their Memorial Day weekend, and don't forget what this holiday symbolizes.
We have so very much to be grateful for.  Stay safe and God Bless.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment