Monday, February 10, 2014

AND ON AND ON AND

ON AND ON ... FEBRUARY 10 2014

Someone needs to have a very serious talk with both the groundhog and the weather-man.  It is still snowing.  Where our driveway meets the township road (where our mail box and paper box are) there is a lake of ice.

Not just a patch of ice, a lake of ice.  Bossman and I were coming home from a neighborhood gathering on Saturday.  We got out o.k., lots of slipping and sliding.  Coming home was another story.  And we were in 4 wheel drive.  I'm glad he was doing the driving.

Needless to say I did not get out Sunday to go to Church.  Bossman had to go to work Sunday morning, when he got home in the afternoon he had quite a story to tell, trying to get up the hill.  Slipping, sliding, not able to turn on the curves, the  driveway, when you could see it thru the snow, which was on top of solid ice, was hit or miss.  On the one curve he tried to turn, just went straight ahead into the snow.  Backed up.  Luckily he was able to back up.  Tried again.  Backed up again.

Third time was a charm, he made it around the turn and did get home.  And that is they guy who keeps telling me I need to learn how to drive. 

Needless to say I ain't goin' no'where, I'm just'a stayin put.

Good thing we have a goodly supply of food and paper products.  Now if our electric just stays on we are in pretty good shape.  Good thing I can stand my own company, because we are having a lot of quality time this winter. 

And I can hear you guys in Arizona laughing all the way back here in Pennsylvania.  We will be laughing when you are sweltering in 110 plus degrees and we are sitting on the deck feeling a nice cool breeze.

Just look at the poor deer.  Yes - it was snowing that hard.





Everyone have a good day, stay safe, stay warm, and God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment