Thursday, February 27, 2014

GETTING READY ...

AND LOOKING BACK....FEBRUARY 27 2014

First - the looking back.  Was going thru some of last year's miscellaneous pictures, decided to share a couple.  The only question is - which ones????

Guess I'll close my eyes and just click.  Should be interesting.
ON MARTHA'S VINEYARD

LOOKIE - THAT HORSIE HAS HIS OWN OUTHOUSE

ONE OF MY BURNING BUSHES

NANCY AND ARTIST RAY DAY AT THE BARNSTORMERS PICNIC

GOOD FRIENDS RUSS AND PEGGY AND PEGGY'S GREAT GRAND-DOG

 
Second - Getting Ready.   And boy is that a job, this getting ready bit.  And what am I getting ready for???

Well for one thing I have to take Coco to the vets today to get his toenails cut.  He fights bossman tooth and toenail when he tries, sits good as gold when the vet tries.  I think he just likes to have an outing without Sam.

Got my reservations made to fly to Arizona and visit the kids.  Don't know what we are going to do, I got lazy and - probably because of all the other itineraries I have been working on - and since Dave does such a good job planning, I am leaving it up to him.   I have never done anything with them yet that I have not enjoyed myself immensely and taken lots of pictures.  It will b e fun to have someone else make the plans for a change.

One good thing about Bossman's job is he can work at home when I am away.  Makes the dogs and the cat a lot happier.

Now what else have I been doing?  Been working on Nancy and my Route 66 driving trip.  Got the itinerary done.  Pages and pages of itinerary.  Of Course we will not do and see everything, but gives us lots of choices.  I told her since I no longer have the van she could not buy any trees this trip.  She thought a couple of bushes would do just fine.

Also been working on Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania photo-shoot trips.  Taking one county at a time to visit, taking pictures and stuff.  Got enough projects there to last the next 6 years. One good thing - all the planning is done - whenever we, or I, decide to take a day or 2 trip, everything is ready.  Am I good or what?

Well, better make sure I have all the necessary necessities in the house, getting ready for the new snow storm that is supposed to hit us over the weekend.  Just what we need.  Temp is only 18 right now, wind blowing like crazy,  wind chill must be at least zero. 

It is also cloudy and gloomy-looking out.  This has been just one big nasty winter.  Wonder what spring will bring?  Stay warm, stay safe, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment