Monday, March 4, 2013

MAYBE TOMORROW

I CAN RELAX ... MARCH 04 2013....

After yesterday and today I need a break.  Big time. 

YESTERDAY - snowing like crazy when I got up in the morning.  Had let up by the time I left for Church.  Had to sneak out of Church early as I had a 45 minute drive to my daughter's home in Scenery Hill. 

I knew lunch would be ready when I arrived.  I was right.   I arrived at 12:50 and we had to eat and leave by 1:30 for the high school and the performance of DAMN YANKEES.

Last High School performance I will be attending.  Granddaughter Shelby was appearing.  Could not miss that, as she is a senior and graduating in a couple more months.

I had never really known just what Damn Yankees was all about, and it was a great performance.  Kudos to the Bentworth kids.



Shelby's part was as a newspaper reporter interviewing the Washington Senators baseball players.  Their biggest rival was the New York Yankees.  That is where "Damn Yankees" comes into play.  The pennant was on the line.



The play began at 2 p.m., was a 3 hour performance.  Any other day.  Yesterday it was just under 4 hours.  Got through scenes 1 and 2 o.k., disaster struck prior to scene 3.  Found out after that as they were changing the props, one of the great big huge curtains came tumbling down.  Made kind of a mess.  Took just over half an hour to get everything up and running again. 

Shelby didn't get to go home with us as she was being picked up by one of the students she is tutoring.  Did I mention that in addition to everything else she tutors other students as well? 

I had hoped to be home early.  Didn't happen.  After the play returned to Rebecca's place and had shrimp scampi.  Really good.  When I started home it was snowing, again........  Made it up my driveway o.k.  Missed the beginning of the movie The Bible on the History channel.

Then today decided I had better get crackin' and file my Federal Income Taxes.  Such a joy!!!  I have to be in just the 'right' frame of mind to tackle this chore.  Doesn't happen all that often, so had better take advantage when the frame is all in one piece.

It would be so much easier if I didn't have to have a stupid business.  But then, when did I ever do anything non-stupid?

Federal taxes are completed and electronically filed. Turbo Tax said all was o.k., so it had better be all o.k.  Now just have to wait for confirmation from the good ole IRS, saying all is o.k.

Not going to tackle the State Tax today.  One set of taxes is enough.

Otherwise my calendar for the remainder of March is fairly clear.  The calm before the storm, so to say, as my busy time starts in April.

Will try to finish most of my 'projects' during March.  Have been making pretty good progress.  Now if the phone just quits ringing, I don't get anything major in the mail, the car doesn't break down, the snow leaves, and spring tip-toes in, I will be in great shape.  Yeah!  Right! 

Enjoy this break in the snow and God Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment