Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I HAVE EXCITING THINGS

TO TALK ABOUT TODAY....APRIL 10 2013 ...

FIRST THINGS FIRST:  Just received news today pertaining to Double  Edge Press.  I think you all know by now that DEP  is the publishing house my daughter Rebecca formed 8 years ago.  Just a small publisher, but a traditional publisher.

What is traditional?  If she thinks your manuscript has potential, she signs you to a contract, no publishing fee.  The book is edited, the cover designed, printed, and ready to go.  The lucky author receives a royalty check at certain times based on the number of books sold. 

Distribution - Amazon.com, and any sales that come into DEP, and sales by the author themselves at book signings, etc.

NOW FOR THE BIG NEWS.  As of Monday of this week - 2 days ago - a MAJOR distributor has signed with DEP to be their exclusive distributor.  How did that happen?

She now has 40 - yes 40 - books in print and being sold, 5 of which of mine.  This is a very prominent distributor.  They saw great potential for sales.  The papers are signed, the ink is dry, and distribution will begin.  And by distribution I mean every major, and some minor, store, company, outfit, that sells books will now handle the 40 that have been published and all future publications.

What does this mean to me?  As soon as the distribution process is in action, my 5 books will be carried locally.  Wal-Mart.  Books a Million.  Just to name two.  How exciting is that?  Way to go Rebecca!!!!  8 years of hard work, ups and downs, and the foresight to chose authors with really excellent stories to tell.  Check out Double Edge Press and see all their titles, both in print and new ones to be released this year.  I think you will be impressed. 

NOW FOR THE SECOND THING.  This is not as exciting as No. 1.  But it is majorly exciting in its own way.  I will be off-line for the next 10 days.  I will be in Arizona visiting the kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids.  Then will be traveling on to California for some photo-ops with Linda and Dave.   I have my new web-site completed and up and running.

The up and running are the things I do while sitting.  When I am actually up, I am now slower than molasses, which is pretty darned slow.  But just like the tortoise (me) and the hare (everyone else) I just keep plugging along and eventually reach the finish line. Sometimes I am even FIRST!

Always remember, weather your are fast or slow, standing, or sitting, you are blessed that you are doing.  Have a great couple of weeks, I will definitely have stories to tell when I return.  In the meantime be grateful for what you have, what you can do, and God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment