Monday, April 29, 2013

WELL ---

FINALLY...APRIL 29 2013 ...

I guess it's about time.  Been busy.  All kinds of stuff.  But finally will begin to talk a little about my Phoenix week.

Arrived on Friday.  Kids came to supper Friday evening.  Saturday was Madison's 2nd birthday party.  You have already seen her picture eating the icing from her cake.  Busy busy day.

Sunday Dave, Linda, Rachel and I took a Canyon cruise and visited Tortilla Flats.  Perfect weather.  Had our cruise reservations, arrived early, so continued on to Tortilla Flats.

It is in the middle of no-where, and busier than a beehive.  We had ice cream.  Yummm!!!


Then returned to dock and boarded our ship the 'Dolly"  for our cruise.  Lasted a little over 2 hours.  So many photo ops.  I very rarely had time to sit, was too busy looking and snapping.

Hard to believe there is such a beautiful lake in the middle of nowhere.  But there is.  The scenery was great, but to me the highlights were seeing the Great Blue Heron and the Big Horn Sheep.  Not in a zoo, but in the wild. 





We had such a good day.  Granddaughter Rachel .. not a kid but a married adult .. tries to go with us as much as possible.  We have had some really wild days together.  They blame it on me, but it must be because Rachel is with us.

There was the time of the "Ghost Towns".  Rachel, her husband Mark, Linda and I were photo-opting.  Rachel was driving.  I had the ghost town map.  We ended up getting really lost on almost non-existent roads.  They blamed me.  I wasn't the one driving.   Just because I had the map.... We had snacks and water so figured we wouldn't starve.  Mark ate all the snacks.  So much for not starving.  It got so bad Mark ended up driving.  Needless to say I AM NOT ALLOWED to even mention Ghost Towns.

But I am rambling.  Rachel still likes tagging along.  I still like having her, and Mark when available, tagging along.  We have fun!!!!!

Anyhow, after the canyon cruise we returned to Phoenix, had stuff to do as the next day we were leaving for California.  A new adventure. No Ghost towns though.......to be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment