Saturday, December 14, 2013

COOKIES COOKIES EVERYWHERE ---

AND NOT A BITE TO EAT!!!!

That's right!   Been baking and baking and baking.  Don't even try to sample, I WILL break your fingers!!!!

Doesn't sound very Christmass-ie does It.  Well, here is the scoop, but first this.

When someone comes to your house for Thanksgiving dinner and brings a grocery bag with empty Christmas tins in it, making the comment -- "For Christmas cookies, just in case".

All in all I have 9 tins to fill.  So have spent the entire week baking...cookies of all things.  I should finish up the last three batches today.  Unless I go running and screaming through the house "THE COOKIE MONSTER IS AFTER ME" I should finish up said cookies.

Did make a quick trip to the grocery store yesterday to stock up on what we might need if the big snow hits.  As of now we have just had a dusting, and it is doing nothing at this minute.  Pretty much like me - doing nothing - when I have lots to do.

Also this is the last day of regular deer hunting season.  All the hunters will be departing for their various homes.  Some from as far away as North Carolina.  Others West Virginia.  Don't think any are from Ohio, several from Pennsylvania, but I lose track.

I not only lose track, I seem to have demolished said track.

So here I am playing on my stupid computer when I should be baking cookies.  I can play sitting down.  Baking requires standing up.  Don't folks realize I am old, dilapidated, falling apart at the seams, forgetful, lazy, you name it I am it.

Truth be told though, I love being busy, baking, running errands, anything else that comes along.  I have been so blessed that I am able to do all these things, the family and friends coming, the baking and cooking, the cleaning (when I get around to  it), the running, and the fun. 

Oh!  Almost forgot!  I got my stamps at the Post Office yesterday and now can get my Christmas cards addressed and in the mail.  Just think, you might actually get your card before instead of after Christmas.

Well, the oven is calling to me to get busy.  So had better sign off here and get to work.  Have a great day, a very Merry Christmas, and, as always, God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment