Saturday, December 21, 2013

THE WEATHER OUTSIDE....

IS FRIGHTFUL...DECEMBER 21 2013...

And not even snow to brighten it up.  Talk about depressing..

I have Christmas pretty well under control.  Presents all wrapped and under the tree.  Only have the dog's presents to contend with. 

Yesterday was a strange day.  I decided I was tired of not being able to get back up my hill in the winter.  Thought I would start  looking. 

First thing I did was google local car dealerships and see what they had available in front wheel/4 wheel drives.   That were affordable.  Altho the thought of making car payments was not a good thought.

I found several.  I had to run errands yesterday morning so decided to stop at one dealership and check out what they had.   

I had a Chrysler Town and Country, as I needed a van for hauling my picture stuff to festivals.  But -- since my tent became damaged this past fall, I have decided not to buy a new tent and just do either in-door festivals, or festivals where they put up the big tents.  I won't need quite as much cargo space that way.

You'll notice I said "had".  I came home with a Dodge Journey all wheel drive.  With fold-down seats I should have enough cargo space, and, supposedly, I will be able to get back up the hill in all wheel drive.  Also the mileage per mile is decent. 

Looks like my travel fund will be supporting a car for a while.

I have never never never bought a vehicle with no hassle, everything went right, my credit was approved, and I have a  mid-size SUV.  Also I finally got a car the color I actually liked - silvler.  

Guess I am in hock for the next several years.  All I have to say is - that I sure better sell well at the reduced number of festivals I will be doing in 2014.  Anyone need a new picture to hang on their wall? 

Well, have a couple of errands to run - hopefully this errand-running will NOT turn into a major purchase.  I can't afford any more major purchases. 

Stay dry, stay safe, stay warm, finish getting ready for Christmas and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment