Monday, December 23, 2013

TWO DAYS --

AND COUNTING ... DECEMBER 23 2013 ...


Coming down to the wire.  Today my list includes - cleaning the house - making the candied nuts - and the puffy puffs - and the shrimp ball dip.  Also mailing a last minute gift.  It will probably be late, as I am running late, which seems to be normal for me.


It is also another dark and gloomy day - still raining, but getting colder.  As long as it doesn't turn to freezing rain.  They are not predicting - as of last night - any snow for Christmas.  Of course that was last night, and they never get their predictions right to begin with, so why do I listen.  Probably because I don't have anything better to do.

Tomorrow will also be busy as I will be doing all the pre-prep cooking that can be done the day before the day.  Hopefully I have not forgotten anything and will not have to make an emergency trip to the mall, or something.






Then tomorrow night is our Christmas Eve service at Church.   That is one of my favorite services of the entire year, that and the Easter and Christmas cantatas.

So, guess I had better get crackin' doin' all the things that need doin'.

Oh, one other thing:  I am already planning three - that's right 3 - get-aways for next year.  First, three friends and I will be going to Ohio on a photo-shoot and are planning on having lunch with a couple of special friends.  That will be in March.  Second will be my annual trip to Phoenix to visit with the kids and grandkids in April.  Then Nancy and my trip to drive some of Route 66 in May.  that should be a hoot - have already told Nancy NO TREE PURCHASES on this trip.

I'll keep you posted on any future goins on, but with a - ugh!!! - car payment my traveling will be sort of limited next year.  That and the fact I will not be doing the outdoor festivals, that will reduce my travel fund money.  Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little.

But then again - you never know.  Have a wonderful safe Christmas, treasure every moment, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment