Monday, July 15, 2013

AMD HOW WAS......

YOUR WEEKEND ... JULY 15 2013 ...

I think I need to make some changes.  Regarding scheduling of festivals.  In fact, lots of changes.  I just have to decide - do I want to continue out-of-town shows.  Or not.  If I do the or not I will not be doing shows as all of them are out of town.

This was my week-end.  Left on Thursday, doing a lot of photo-shooting on my way to Cleveland Heights.  It was a good day.  I was scheduled at Cain Park at 7 a.m. Friday morning.  It is a 3-1/2 hour drive.  No way was I loading the van, leaving at 3 a.m. arriving at 7 a.m., unloading, putting up tent, setting up display, and being ready for the festival to open at 3 p.m. going until 8 p.m. that evening. 

For those of you that remember - it was the day after this very same festival that I had my mini-stroke.  Remember lightning is not supposed to hit twice in the same place.  Right.  Says who.

I arrived home about 10 p.m. last night, walked into the family room and spotted water in front of our up-right freezer.  Upon closer inspection the water looked strange.  Upon opening the freezer found the food had been thawing out, probably for most of the weekend, the water was mixed with food  drainage. 

Just what I wanted to come home to.  But not complaining too much.  Could have been a repeat of last year.

I salvaged as much of the frozen food as I could.  Re-arranging the freezers in both refrigerators.  The rest had to wait until today

For some strange reason when I went down this morning to cope with the mess, the freezer had started working again, but there was so much frost and ice inside that the outside was hot to the touch.   First thing was to pull the plug  Then started the clean-up.  Filing garbage bags with discarded food, leaking all over the place.

Also having to wait until all the ice and frost melts.  Going thru towels like there is no tomorrow.   Once I get it cleaned out - major operation - I will plug it back in and see if it starts, or not, if it cools, or not, or if I should just walk off and leave it, or not.

The walking off sounds pretty good right about now.

I have come to the conclusion that next year I AM NOT applying for the Cain Park Arts Festival!!!  I don't want to take the chance on what this particular festival will throw at me third time around.  Better leave well enough alone.

And so HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND????????

No comments:

Post a Comment