Wednesday, July 31, 2013

ANOTHER MONTH

HAS FLOWN BY -- JULY 31 2013 ...

The number of hours in the days, and the number of months in the year have not changed, so how can they be flying by so fast?

I am getting old quickly enough as it is, I don't need it speeded up, thank you, but I don't want it to stand still either.  Can't win.

I am not complaining, life  has been good, mostly.  I just don't like the getting old part.  I guess that is why I love the cartoon character Gertrude, or whatever her name is.  You know, the old lady one telling it as it is.  She manages to hit the nail on the head every time.

But enough rambling.  I really didn't have anything profound to say, not even intelligent.  But hated to end the month without something.  Can't believe tomorrow is August 1st.  By the way I will be away for a few days - Bossman is holding down the fort.  Between him the dogs and resident farmer the homestead is kept functioning without me.  Darn!  I like to think I am indispensable.  Whatever that means.

Since I don't have anything profound to talk about thought I would share a few of the pictures taken when Betty, Pam and I took our one day road trip.  Looking for Mail Pouch Barns (of which we found 7) and anything else interesting.

You never know what you will see around the next bend in the road.  Like barns:




Like houses, both grand and not so grand:



And outhouses:
Be kind of hard to use this one, especially if you were in a hurry!!!

And lots of stuff we didn't bother with, just looked as we went by. 

That is what makes the road trips fun.  You never know.  And it s a great excuse to eat out!  No cooking.  No clean-up.  No mess.  Just sit and be waited on.

Hope you all have a great few days.  How about them Pirates?  I don't like to watch baseball as it is too slow moving, but I keep flipping channels to catch the score and see what is happening.

So guess I had better flip this channel and get crackin'  Keep safe and God Bless.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment