Wednesday, July 3, 2013

ODDS and ENDS --

or A LITTLE BIT OF NOTHIN' ... JULY 03 2013 ....

Going to share some of my Ireland pics - which have nothing what-so-ever to do with what I am talking about, but then when did I ever do anything that makes sense?

That about sums it up.  Haven't blogged for a few days - haven't had anything to say.  Quite a change isn't it?


Weather still up and down.  Have been able to get some work done in the flower beds.  Next week, hopefully, will dig up my iris bed, give most of them away, I already have a recipient, and re-locate the remainder.

Once that is done, will re-vamp said bed, replace the irises with a rhododendron bush, and another hibiscus.  At least that is the game plan.


In addition getting ready for the Cain Park arts festival in Cleveland Heights beginning July 12th.  Have several new pictures for this festival.

Also planning at least one 1day trip in Pa for Mail Pouch barn pictures with a couple of friends.  Maybe 2 days.  Only time will tell. 

Then the barnstormers picnic the last Saturday in July.   Always a fun day.  And July will come to a close. 


Back to my flower beds - am replacing the two beds containing annuals with perennials.  Getting too darned old to be planting flowers every spring.  Or may am just getting lazy, or lazier, whichever.  I look at it this way.  I have paid my dues for more years than I can count, and now it is time I sit back and reap my benefits, whatever they may be.  And do what I want to do, not what is expected of me.  It is called "being retired".

I use that excuse, and my other good excuse "I am old" to keep from doing things I don't want to do.  Other wise I have lots of get-up-and-go left for what I want to do, not what others want me to do.  Now, that's what I call living!!!

So guess I had better get busy doing some of the 'what I want to do" things.  Have a good day, stay cool, and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment