Friday, January 24, 2014

ONCE UPON A TIME ---

THERE WAS A LAND CALLED ... JANUARY 24  2014 ...

Darned if I know.  Right now I only know one thing - it is cold  Really cold.  And it is supposed to only get colder, with more snow, which we really don't need, and minus degrees, which we really don't need either. And it is windy, which makes the cold colder, the snow snowier, the weather nastier.

Just said on the noon news that we are having the coldest January since 1977.


The only good ting I can say right now is that I FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY have a car that will get me back up the hill from the mail box.  And it still has enough cargo space to hold what it needs to hold the  few festivals I will continue to be doing.  

One thing though.  Am starting to work on Nancy and my road trip scheduled for May.  She will DEFINITELY have to realize that she ABSOLUTELY POSITIVLY cannot buy trees.  Maybe bushes, small ones, but NO TREES.

Bossman just shakes his head, and is glad he gets to stay home and mind the dogs, and the house while Nancy and I go on our adventures.  That is one of the up-sides of getting to work from home.

This morning I finished uploading the last pictures to my web-site.  Now I can start collecting new pictures this year to be added next January.  Now I can also start my inventory reduction for shows this year, decide what I will take and what I will not take. 

This is a year of major changes.  Since my EZ up tent sprang a  lot of leaks last September, I can no longer use it.  After much consideration, have decided NOT to buy a new tent and dis-continue all outdoor shows that require you to put up a tent.  That is about half of my show schedule.  So what ama I going to do with all this spare time?

Whatever I decide to do, whenever I decide to do it.  I do know most of the festivals I will be doing, the fall and winter ones.   I don't know what info will come along for summer shows where they supply the shelter, either their large tents or inside a building.

I am currently committed to the Stonewall Jackson festival, Oglebayfest, Washington County Fairgrounds and Morgantown West Virginia.  I am also committed to ART IN ACTION in June at Washington Park here in Pennsylvania.   I was going to pass, but was told there was an extra tent available which  they would put up for me.  You can't ask for any more than that.

I actually thought I would miss the outdoor shows that I have done forever, but feel very comfortable with my decision.  I guess it was the right time to make my changes. 

So am looking forward to the shows I will be doing, looking forward to the several bus trips I have tentatively planned, looking forward to visiting the kids in Arizona and Maine, and having friends and family visiting us here.

Getting old is a pain the butt, but I am kicking old's butt planning the things I can comfortably do, and looking forward, not back.

After all, age is just a number.  I am no longer number 1. I don't know what number I am, but am going to keep wracking up those numbers as long as I can.  Who knows what that final number will be?  And who knows what that final adventure will be?

Stay warm, be careful, count your blessings and God Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment