Monday, January 6, 2014

THE RABBIT HOLE

IS ALIVE AND WELL...JANUARY 06 2014...

Yep!  Down the Rabbit Hole again!  This is gettin' down-right old -- very very old!  Maybe I should say down-right ridiculous.

So what am I talking about this time?  Pretty well covered the appliances and the remodeling.  What is left?

THE CAR is what is left!

As you all know I traded my van for an all wheel drive AWD so I could get up and down my hill.  I have had it for 3 weeks.  Last week, on Friday, we had 2" of snow.  Not 2 feet, 2 inches.

I had to run errands.   I had had one visitor earlier in the day.  She had no trouble coming up our hill.  Piece of cake.  Yeah! Right!

I ran my errands and headed for home.  Groceries, that kind of stuff.  Got to my mail box, retrieved the mail and newspaper, then started up the hill.  And I couldn't help thinking "Boy, is this nice having a car that actually goes up the hill in the winter" when it all fell apart.  On the second turn, it was as if someone had flipped a switch, awd ceased to function, back wheels spinning, car going no-where.


Luckily Bossman was  coming up behind me as he was coming home from work.  He parked his truck behind me, and came to my rescue.  I became the passenger and he was the driver.  He also mentioned that I should learn how to drive!

Big as life he started the engine, put the car in gear, and - yep - started spinning the wheels and sliding around.  Tried all 3 ears, drive, 1 and 2.  Nothing worked.  Car just sat there.

So I stayed with my awd that was not awd and he went up to the shop to get a tow rope.   He came back down, attached the tow rope to my front end and to the back end of his truck.  He told me to start the engine, put it in 2nd, and when he started towing to give a little bit of gas to help it along.

Followed his directions.  He started towing, I gave a little bit of gas, the AWD kicked in and I was actually putting slack on the tow rope as the car had decided to go.  Had to slow down so I didn't run over his truck.

Needless to say I haven't left the house since.  I had an appointment today to have the car checked, but got up found a layer of ice on the ground and snow on top of it.  Cancelled the appointment.  Made a new one for Friday - hopefully the weather will co-operate a little bit.

Tis rabbit hole is definitely growing in size, what with all the appliances, the remodeling and now a car.  Pretty soon there won't be any room for me.  Don't know what I'll do then.

Hope you are having a better New Year than I am.  Count your blessing and God Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment