Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A BRAND NEW YEAR --

A BRAND NEW DAY ... JANUARY 01 2014..

A new book to be written.  A new beginning, what is past is past and what is ahead - who knows.  Forget the mistakes and disappointments that last year seemed to be full of.  Look ahead, the future is what you make it - for yourself and you alone.

January 1 - the beginning of a NEW phase in your life.  Make the most of the next 365 days, for before you know it you will again be looking at a new book, a new year.  If you don't have optimism you don't have hope.  And without hope what do you have?

I know I have already decided on major changes for me for this new year.  Hopefully they will be good changes.  Only time will tell.  I do know I will be finalizing the "getting all my ducks in a row".  I do know I will be reducing my show schedule by about half. 

I do know I am planning and scheming - which I do best.  Sorting out which shows I will do.  Compiling travel information for, hopefully, trips I will make, bus, road, whatever.  This is what I do know.

Now - the remainder is completely out of my hands.  Even the "do knows" are completely out of my hands.   All I can do is plan and scheme (cause trouble as bossman calls it), and if all comes to pass, another year will be another fantastic period in my life.   If it does not come to pass, I will have no regrets, as I have had sooo much good in my life.  I have had bumps in the road.  Without the bumps you would not appreciate the smooth.

So I am looking ahead, the eternal optimist, planning and scheming.  Also am looking forward to my latest book THAT'S THE WAY IT WAS to be published in late 2014. 

Am looking forward to getting together with friends in Hartville and Pierpont Ohio.  Am looking forward to my annual trek to Phoenix to visit the kids and grandkids.  Am looking forward to one or two one day bus trips with D-I-L Tammie.   Hopefully get to Maine.  See  college graduation for grandson Coleman.    I could ramble on and on.  As you can see, I scheme big-time.

But - this is just day 1.  Have 364 more to go.  If the past is any indication, they will fly by.

So enough is enough.  My days are filled to overflowing.  Hope I am a good swimmer, at least a good floater.

Well, enough for now.  Make the most of this brand new year.  Don't dwell on the past, look to the future.  And enjoy the trip.  God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment