Friday, April 15, 2011

HI FROM ARIZONA...........................................

My son-in-law has graciously let me use his computer, so here I am.........

Arrived at Pittsburgh International airport in plenty of time, got through security with no problem, grabbed a quick bite for breakfast, arrived at my gate, boarding began 15 minutes.  On the plane.  Time to go.

Flight was off right on time.  A little over 4 hours is a long time, but I had my trusty book with me, plus two others in the carry on, so I was prepared.   Had juice, coca cola and water for my "meals" on the plane.

Arrived in Arizona at the Phoenix airport right on time.  Landed.  Started taxiing to the gate.  Stopped.  Announcement made the gate was not ready for us, it would be a few minutes.  Twenty minutes later announcement said it would be just a few more minutes.  We landed at 9 a.m., right on the nose.  At 9:45 am we were finally permitted to go to the gate.  It was then 10 minutes later before the door of the plane opened. 

Daughter Linda and son-in-law Dave were waiting at baggage claim. They were getting worried, monitor said plane arrived 9 a.m., no message ever came up luggage being unloaded, no me appearing, and, of course I did not have their cell number on my phone, only home number. Same with them.  Finally we made connection, got luggage, and headed here to the house.  I wonder what the remainder of the trip will be like. 

I will be sure to let you know.  Hope your weather is like this, in the 70's and bright sunshine.  Sure beats the rain I left in.

Will try to keep you posted as the week moves along.  I will not be able to post any pictures until I arrive home, but will try to stay in touch.  In the meantime, enjoy your day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment