Thursday, April 28, 2011

TREES ARE BLOOMING EVERYWHERE!!!

Everywhere I look from the top of my hill I see bloom - trees are covered with blossoms - white, pink, red, it is a kaleidoscope of color.  The dogwoods, white, pink, red.  Fruit trees, white, pink, ivory.  The ornamental trees red, white, and also ivory, with green, all shades of green, everywhere.

In the spring I always feel that it could not be more beautiful than it is now, at this time of year. Then summer comes, same thought.  Then fall, then winter, always the most beautiful time of the year.

But now it is spring.  The violets are blooming everywhere, also the daffodils, and, of course, the dandelions.  The hill tops surrounding me are a blanket of green and gold.                           

 This is a bouquet of our white dogwood tree, in an old pottery jar.

I took this picture as one of my impressionistic floral series.

This technique makes the picture appear as an old fashioned oil painting rather than a photograph.  Sure is fun to play around with this stuff.
 This is a red bud tree in full bloom.  They smell really good when blooming, and the honey bees just love the redbud. 

The birds also love sitting among the blooms and serenading the surrounding countryside.  Spring is awesome.




Do you know what this flower is?

Most folks guess it is a chrysanthemum.  Wrong.

This is a close up of a dandelion.  I had to get this shot laying on the ground on my stomach, zooming in on the flower to get this close-up.

How can you say dandelions are ugly. 

So spring has sprung, the grass is rizz, I wonder where the birdies izz.  What I do know is that the mowing has begun, that will be once a week now until fall.
We have approximately a 2 acre plus yard.  If you do it all in one day it takes anywhere from 5 - 6 hours.  When I mow I divide it up into two days, the front yard one day, the back the next.  It still takes a total of 5 - 6 hours, but by breaking it up, it seems a lot shorter. 

When Jerry mows, he does it all at once.  I try to do as much as I can as he works in Pittsburgh, had a long commute each day, and by me mowing it leaves him free to - do all the other stuff it takes to keep a place looking inviting.

And we must look inviting and homey, as all the holiday dinners, summer and winter, fall and spring, happen at our house.  Just finished Easter Dinner, am now planning on Memorial Day.  etc. etc. etc.

Jerry and I both love the fact that family and friends love coming here.  We have ample parking, no next door neighbors to disturb with our fun and games, we laugh all the time.  We have our privacy, our "mansion" on the hill, our BIG yard, deck, patio, and flowers.

I don't think anyone else out there has been as blessed as I have.

Enjoy spring, in a blink of an eye it will be summer, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment