Monday, February 18, 2013

I HAVEN'T FIGURED OUT

HOW THIS WORKS ... FEBRUARY 18 2013...

If you can explain it to me I would love to hear the explanation.

When I was young --- years and years and years ago --- I worked a FULL TIME JOB AWAY FROM HOME.  In addition, on the side, I ran my business, did a dozen festivals a year, took care of my family, ran my husband's errands, helped mow the yard, worked in the garden, took care of the flower beds, and still had time on my hands to relax.

Now I am old --- many many years have passed --- I NO LONGER WORK AT A FULL TIME JOB.  I should have oodles of time on my hands.  All I have to do now is run the business, still doing a dozen festivals a year, don't have to take care of kids anymore, but still run errands for the Bossman I live with. 

I finally gave up the mowing part last year when Bossman had to buy a new mowing tractor because somehow when I was backing up the old one I hit a tree head on. Not only did I hit the tree, I jammed the front end of the tractor between it and the tree next to it.  Had to have our trusty neighbor tow it out.  

Somehow bossman found out.  He has never told me I couldn't use the new tractor, but it has given me a whale of an excuse to not mow anymore. 

I still work in the veggie garden, and the flower beds. I still keep the house cleaned up, mostly, cook at least one meal a day.  Before it was cook three meals a day.

So how is it that I don't have any free time at all any more.  There is always something waiting for me to do.  I have projects coming out my ears.  Sometimes a little bit of smoke when I get 'upset'.  

Don't mis-understand.  I love being busy.  I am thankful that I CAN be busy.  I wouldn't trade with anyone.  And so the BIG question is - how did I have time to work a full-time job?

I just can't figure out how I could go to 'work' five days a week when I had all this other 'stuff' to do.

All I can say is - I have been blessed over and over through the years.  I am grateful, my life has been good (mostly).  The downs have been far out-weighed with the ups.

Every day is a gift, to be lived to the fullest.  I don't know how many days are ahead of me. Maybe a lot, maybe only one.  Each day I get up in the morning, thankful for another day.

I love being busy, I love telling stories, I love taking pictures, I love the festivals.  I look forward  Church each week, I look forward to the travels I am contemplating, the festivals I have applied for, even the errands I run.

My cup runneth over in so many ways.  

Please keep my pastor and his wife in your prayers as they are facing two major medical problems at this time.  Thank you and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment