Wednesday, February 13, 2013

UP AND DOWN

AND ALL AROUND ... FEBRUARY 13 2013......

I am describing the weather - not a carousel.  Would much rather be on a carousel, but, oh well! Of course that wouldn't be such a good idea either because of the vertigo thingy. Cotton picker!


Playing with he camera last night and this is what I got.  A brand new Moon.


Well, that's enough for moaning and groaning.  Doesn't get me anywhere, doesn't improve anything, doesn't make me any younger.  Darn.

Finishing up framing the last two pictures today for the month long photography show.  Am scheduled to take my pictures in on Monday, weather permitting.  Then the waiting game until the artists reception. 

I was also asked by the Barnstormers newsletter editor to submit one of my mail pouch barn pictures I had taken in Jefferson County Ohio.  Don't know if it will be in the next newsletter or not.  Only 5 months until their awesome picnic.

So much to look forward to.  Something new every several days.  I do know one thing - I can honestly say that I don't remember ever being bored.  There is always something........

Granddaughter Shelby, who is a senior this year, is appearing in her last high school play.  The weather man better cooperate as her Mother and I have tickets for the March 3rd performance.  I have seen almost, maybe all, the previous plays that my grandkids have been in. 

Shelby has already been accepted in Washington and Jefferson College here in Washington Co. Pa.  How exciting.  Feel sorry for my daughter though, for 1 year she will have 4 college students.

So am asking everyone out there to get on the internet, and purchase every Double Edge Press book you can. 

Also my granddaughter in Maine, Jenn, is expecting her second child any minute.  She already has a son, Kaedon, and this will be a daughter, Madeline (don't know if I spelled this right or not).  This being a great grandmother is getting out of control.  I'm definitely not ready for the mop cap and rocking chair yet.

How many of you know what a mop cap is?

Also had a neat e-mail yesterday from friend Belmont Betty.  It is called jukebox.  And it is great.  You bring up the jukebox, and you can chose any one of 20 songs from whatever year you check.

Always loved Ghost Riders in the Sky (1949) when I was young and full of dreams.  It was sung by Vaughn Monroe.  Guess what the first song was I listened to.

Well, enough for reminiscing.  Had better get crackin' and get things done.  Going to make a pot of home-made vegetable soup for supper tonight.  Yummmm.

Remember, you are never too old to dream, to look forward, and to try something new.  Just trust, and believe, and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment