Saturday, February 9, 2013

NOT RUNNING AROUND

YOU GET STUFF DONE ... FEBRUARY 09 2013....

Sure do.  Haven't been off the mountain for an entire week now.  Haven't missed the running at all.  I have it made.  Get up when I want to.
Do 'stuff' when I want to.  Don't do 'stuff' when I don't want to.  I guess it is called 'seniority', or 'I am retired', or 'this is the life'.   Whatever.

I might be alone but not forgotten.  Someone is checking on me every day, some days lots of someones.  We are chatting, gossipping, catching up, and planning.  Some would call it scheming.  There is always something to plan for.

Me - I scheme.  Sounds a lot more exciting that planning.  I love to scheme.  Drives everyone else in the family nuts.  But, isn't that what senior citizens are all about?

I have my pictures selected, labeled, and ready for delivery to WashArts  the week of the 18th.  How exciting.  Now just have to decide what goodies I will donate for their light refreshments.  I think I know what I am going to do.  If you want to know, come March 1st and sample.

Second - I have my plane ticket purchased for my annual trip to Phoenix to visit the kids, grandkids, and great grandkids.  The great grandkids are always a hoot.  Wish I had their energy.

Third - have my one day bus trip booked for BEHIND CLOSED DOORS which will take place three days after I return from Phoenix.  Daughter-in-law Tammie going with me if she can get the day off.  I wonder what will be going on behind the closed doors? 

Nancy and I have our bus trip booked for June and Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard.

In between there are mucho things to be done.  I can't imagine life without scheming.I do have fun.

Hopefully I can get off the mountain to go to church tomorrow.  Right now we have ice on top of the snow.  Just ducky weather.  But at least we are not being hammered as the East Coast is.  Talked to son Andy in Maine, and they were preparing for the worst. We really don't appreciate the fact that we are spared so many times.  

So, take life easy, stay warm and safe, and God Bless.    


No comments:

Post a Comment