Saturday, February 5, 2011


FUNNY, SAD, ENTERTAINING, EDUCATIONAL!

The stories in my TALK books create wonderful worlds and lives for many subjects. These whimsical tales bring history to life and turn creatures and buildings into friends you will never forget. (This paragraph is a quote from publisher Rebecca as appearing on the back of my books.

I am going to feature my Volume No. 2 today.
The subject matter of all stories has been researched prior to being written, so that the facts pertaining to the subject are as accurate as I can make them. This is especially true of the historical places/things that I have written about.
For instance, the story "I Just Wanted to Play". This story is about a little lamb, a breed I had never heard of before. I have a friend who lives in Georgetown Pennsylvania, Suzanne Sell, (she and I worked together a hundred years ago, and we still keep in touch, one of my many great friends), she raises these sheep. They are Churro. I can't believe how much I learned about this breed of sheep.
Then there is "Friends Good Will", a sailing ship involved in the war of 1812 a it was fought on the Great Lakes. I learned about the war of 1812 in school, but no real facts. It was surprising how big a part the sailing ships played during this war.
Friends Good Will is a replica of the original FGW, which was American, captured by the British, recaptured by the Americans, etc.
My family and I were fortunate that Jim Spurr (Michigan) had written three books about the sailing ships and the war of 1812, and Publisher/Daughter Rebecca Melvin was chosen by Jim to be his publisher. What great books they are, and the 200th anniversary of this war is coming up next year - 2012.
Jim invited us to come to South Haven Michigan, and he would see that we got to take a sail on this beautiful sloop. We did, he did, it was a wonderful day, Jim was a great host, friend, and sailor.
I have met so many many wonderful folks thru the years of my photography and writing, good friends I would never have know otherwise. I have been greatly blessed to be able to follow my dream(s) - traveling, photography and writing.
Tomorrow is SUPER BOWL SUNDAY - GO STEELERS!!!!! Hopefully they will win, but win or lose, they are still our STEELERS. Football is the only sport I really enjoy, and now will be the long wait until the season re-opens in August (If there is a 2011 season).
Temperature here today right at 32 degrees. Snow is predicted. From the looks of the sky, it could definitely start anytime. Spring, where art thou?
Everyone have a great weekend, enjoy the ball game, don't throw stuff at your TV, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment