Thursday, February 24, 2011

                 GETTING READY..................

          February fast running out, with March's out like a lion.  Had rain, sleet and hail Monday night, got up Tuesday morning with 5 plus inches of snow on the ground on top of ice.  A fun day for everyone.  All of our roads, interstate ramps, and interstate highways became parking lots for the night.  Then folks complained because the snow wasn't being plowed Tuesday morning.  How do you plow a road that is clogged with parked and abandoned cars?

          Today we are supposed to get heavy rains, flood watches and warnings are all over the place.  I'm sure that now people will complain about all the water everywhere and wonder why someone doesn't do something about it.   Go figure.

          Anyhoo this is my "getting ready" period of time, when I start trying to get organized for the coming festival months.  I have to decide what pictures to print, mat, and/or frame for the coming year.  Old standbys and pics I have never shown for.  A little of each.  Am sharing one new pic with you.

          This lighthouse was photographed when the family and I were in Michigan a couple of years ago.  Just loved all the colors.

          No one really realizes how much time is spent in editing, choosing what to be printed, printing, cutting mats, and framing.  If I had to charge for my labor no one could possibly afford me.  So all labor is free.

          Getting ready No 2.

          Son Jerry has decided this is the time to start fixing up the inside of the house - the living room and computer room to be exact.  So I spent a couple of hours in Home Depot buying perfa tape, joint compound, and corner strips.  Also had to bring paint chips home to decide on what color we would paint these two rooms.  We've never done any major inside work since buying this place in 2005, mostly landscaping and outside work, such as adding a deck to the front, expanding the work shop, things like that.  Now it seems to be inside time.  So watch out living room and computer room.

          I told Jerry I was willing to do the painting, but he HAD to do the taping of all surfaces he did not want paint on.  That I WOULD NOT do - but painting I WOULD do.  He seemed satisfied with that arrangement.  We'll see what happens.

          So now I'm back to GETTING READY No 1, choosing and printing this year's new pictures.  Think of me slaving away on this as you all relax with your coffee, and morning paper, not a care in the world...........

Have a good day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment