Thursday, February 17, 2011

                  One Down - 27 To Go!!!!!

          Have all the pictures in the living room and computer room re-arranged.  Looks a lot less crowded, I think the arrangements are a go.  Are we done now?  No! 

          Now all the pictures are coming down, Jerry wants to do some work on the walls, and then we are going to paint these two rooms.  Then we will have to hang the pictures again, but at least now we know what it will look like.

          I recycled a few back into the business and the rest in to my bedroom.  Haven't gotten them hung yet.  There is always another day.

          I have a Family Wall, a Georgia Dangel Wall, a Russ Shaffer Wall, a Terry Redlin Wall, and a couple of Martha Dougherty pictures hanging.

          Jerry is very much a wildlife person, he has the Terry Redlin's of which a couple are limited editions.

          Georgia Dangel is a wonderful water color artist, also working with oils and I have several of her pictures.  Wish I had room for more. 

          Russ Shaffer does embossed engravings, which are all one of a kind originals.  He is also an art teacher.  His work is awesome.

          I just wish we had more room.  But then doesn't everyone?

          Just finished printing one of my pictures that I took last fall.  It is in the business, framed, and I gave a matted print to a friend who is also the Mother of a friend.  When Russ and I and Peggy's daughter Vicki (who makes jewelry) exhibit at the Christmas Arts Festival in Morgantown, West Virginia, we get to stay with Peggy.  So not only is it business, it is fun. 

          The picture was taken at Maple Lake near Bridgeport, West Virginia, where Peggy lives.  As a "thank you" for her hospitality I had given her the above mentioned print.   I received phone call yesterday from Vicki.  A friend of Peggy's who also lives at Maple Lake saw the picture and wanted one for her home.  Vicki is coming by today to pick up the matted print.

          This is just an indication of how much "word of mouth" is one of your best advertising outlets.  The same goes to books, I have bought many books by authors I had never read, but had been recommended by another reader, there again word of mouth.

          I do have to say that one of the best parts of doing what I do, is the many many friends I have made over the years, folks I would never have know otherwise.  Maybe I only see them once or twice a year, but we keep in touch via e-mail, cards, etc.  Who can ask for anything more?

          But back to work.  Have to get the mats cut for the new picture, then label it and bag it for Vicki when she gets here.  Everyone have a good day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment