Sunday, February 6, 2011

                            SUPERBOWL SUNDAY
          Superbowl Sunday!  Everyone seems to go a little crazy at this time of year, especially on Superbowl weekend.  Two hours and counting.

          I love football, watch all the games I can, and enjoy them immensely.  But when the Steelers play I just can't relax and enjoy the game.  I get pretty stressed out.  If you don't think I do, I will share a phone call with you that I received last night.

          Daughter Rebecca called.  She knows the scenario.  I was informed that "If I decided to have a heart attack during the ballgame, don't expect anyone to be at the hospital until after the game"!!!!!


          Guess I'll postpone the heart attack for a few days.

          Son Jerry, with whom I live, always  visits friends for the Superbowl game.  Son Michael, who lives the closest to me (his wife is a CNA, and as usual works on Sunday), and a couple of his close friends who are not married usually join me for the game.  We live 5 miles outside of town on a farm, and I am positive that during the Steeler games they can hear the guys in town.  No kidding.

          So after I got home from Church I started basic preps - sloppy joes, macaroni salad, brownies, chips, dips, soft drinks, iced tea, and coffee for anyone who wants it.  Our two dogs (Beagles) usually hide in their indoor kennels (personal territory) when the guys get started.  Too much excitement for them.

          It is now 4:30 p.m.  Kick-off in two hours.  If I make it through the game I will hopefully blog tomorrow, deliriously happy, disappointingly sad.  Time will tell.  That is if I don't have my heart attack!

          Everyone enjoy the game, or the day, depending on your likes, and God Bless.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment