Thursday, March 17, 2011

HAPPY ST PATRICK's DAY..........

          Just wanted to say Happy St Pat's day, and I WAS going to talk about spring, etc. etc. etc.  But.....I read my daughter's blog first.......I was blown out of the water.  She has already said almost, not all but almost, all the things I was going to say.  So if you want to know what I WAS going to say you need to read her blog.   I wonder where she gets her writing ability?????

          Rebecca's blog:  http://theslushpileblog.squarespace.com

          So guess I will go a different direction.  I can honestly celebrate St Pat's day, as my Grandfather on my mother side was Irish.  Pure Irish.  His parents came directly from Ireland, and his name - honest-to-goodness - was Ira Shannon Loy. I don't think you can get any more (Irish, Irisher) than that.

          I love all the legends, the little people, the shamrocks, the green food and drink, the parades, the music, the elves, and, especially the rainbow and the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. 

          Of all the things listed above, the only ones I have actually seen, besides my grandfather, are the shamrocks and 4-leaf clovers, the food and drink, and the rainbow.  I am still looking for the elves and the pot of gold. I think I have about as much chance of seeing one as seeing the other.  I love the Irish music, and a good Irish tenor.

As you can see, there is no pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.  Someone else must have found it.

I do want to let you all know, that unless otherwise stated, all pictures in my blog are from my collection of pictures I have taken over the years.

This was on our farm one fall, the corn was ripe, hadn't been harvested yet for feed for the cows, the grass was still green the rainbow was vivid.  A promise of good things to come.

I would like to sign off today with an old Irish Blessing, my wish for all of you for today and always:

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face
And the rain fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again......
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment