Monday, March 14, 2011

IT IS NOW OFFICIAL - I AM A LEAF PEEPER

          If you don't know what a leaf peeper is - it is the name bestowed upon all us folks who go to New England in the fall to view the fall colors.  So, upon taking the bus tour last October to Vermont I became a "Leaf Peeper".  I guess I could be called worse names.

          I am going to touch on the highlights of Vermont today, it was a great week.

          The Inn of the Six Mountains was more or less our headquarters while in Vermont.  This Inn is located in Killington, very beautiful place.  From there we branched out different days to see what we could see.

          We visited the Morse Farm  apple orchard in Montpelier and had fresh cider and some of the most delicious apple turnovers hot out of the oven that I have ever tasted.  The bus smelled of hot apples the remainder of the day - we all bought some turnovers to take with us.


          We didn't let a little? rain bother us at all.  We visited Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream factory, what an experience that was.  Had ice cream to die for.  Good thing I don't live close to there.


          We spent some time  at the Gorham Covered Bridge in Pittsford


and visited the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory in Shelburne.  What an experience that was.  We got the complete tour of how their teddy bears are made, and until we had the tour, we had no inkling of what went into making teddy bears.  No wonder they are so special.  I think a lot of us brought some sort of teddy bear home with them, me included.


          But one of the most fun things we did/saw was in and around Killington.  They were having their annual HAY FESTIVAL, and businesses throughout the area had huge hay sculptures of things and stuff.  It was awesome to drive along and see some of these sculptures. 

          I hope your have enjoyed your tour of Vermont, I know I did.  And down the road, the Good Lord willing, I would like to return and see all the things we did not have time to see on this trip.

          Thank you for reading my blog, hopefully you will share my address with your friends.  Have a good week and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment