Thursday, March 10, 2011

JUST STUFF - or whatever......................

          Haven't had anything exciting happening, no WOW! experiences, not even a BLAH experience.  So I guess you have to settle for just stuff.

          A friend and I did get to take a bus trip to Vermont last October.  Was a great trip.  There were so many good things about the trip, but I am sharing with you today the Waybury Inn in  Middlebury Vermont.  For you old-timers, you probably remember the Bob Newhart show, where he owned/operated this neat inn in New England.  Well, the Waybury Inn was it. 


          We visited the inn, saw Bob's picture in the lobby, and had lunch, which was great.  This was just one of the many stops we made. 

          The great thing about tours is the history you learn.  Things you never knew.  When I think back of all my travels, both with my husband, then with other family and friends, the things I have seen, and what I have learned, and I have never done a trip, whether one day, a weekend, a week, or longer, that I have regretted doing.  

          Now, back to today - wish I were somewhere else, but I am not.  So here I am.  Weather forecast is for 4- 6 inches of snow, the wet heavy kind, tomorrow through Saturday.  Jerry is in St Louis on business, hope he can get home tomorrow as planned.  If not, his dogs will be very upset.

          We have had 1.25 inches of rain since late Tuesday night, water running high in a lot of areas, some flooding being reported --- again --- glad I live on top of a hill.  It has its drawbacks, but at least I don't have to worry about flooding.

          Only have to worry about snow (can't get back up the hill) lightning (we have amazing lightning displays up here) and wind (How many times we have had to hunt down outdoor stuff?), but no flooding. 

          So guess I will grocery shop this afternoon, just in case.  I would rather be safe than sorry.  If I don't get washed away when I leave my hill-top, I will figure I have had a good day.  Hope you all have a good day also and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment