Tuesday, October 9, 2012

ALL IS WELL

I THINK ... OCTOBER 09 2012 ....

It was a busy weekend.. Set-up was Thursday at Oglebay.  Spent most of the day, all of us helping each other.  A beautiful day.

Friday - also a nice day.  The park is never crowded on Friday, but sales were fair.  For the first time in forever I had a helper.  Usually I am by myself. 

Kathy G volunteered to go with me and help.  And a great help she was, not just for me but for Russ and Kay and Vicky.  She was kept busy when we WERE busy, and able to relax when things were slow.  She even got a nap in on Friday afternoon.

Saturday was a different story.  After the rain moved out, about 11 a.m., it was as if a dam had burst spilling people.  They came and came, the park was crowded, and they were buying.  It is a good thing Kathy is a fast learner.  Before the weekend was over she could make the"sales pitch" as if she were doing it forever.

The day went fast.  We were tired.  It was good to get home.  It is a good thing Saturday was good, as Sunday was a wash out - in two different ways.

First, it was bitter cold and drizzled rain all day.  Second the Steelers were playing.  If you had a choice of coming to Oglebay in the rain and cold, or sitting in your cozy living room watching the Steelers - well it was a no-brainer.

By the time we started to pack up to leave - of course - the sun came out, laughing at us.

Regardless of the cold and rain, it was a good weekend, we had fun, met some neat new people who want to keep in touch.  That is what makes it worth-while.

Monday took most of the day to unload the van, sort through stuff, do the paper work, figure the taxes for the government, bring my inventory up-to-date and make a list of what I need to print and/or frame for the fairgrounds in two weeks.  On top of that have to get ready for the kids arriving from Phoenix next Tuesday. On top of that top had to order a few books from my publisher to replenish my supply for the remainder of the year.  I usually manage to sell several at each festival.

In addition to all that, Vicky called early Friday morning to let me know two of the Columbus ship replicas were docked at Heritage Port in Wheeling.  Kathy found out what is means to go with me.  We took a side trip into Wheeling on the way to the park to photograph the ships.  Was a beautiful morning for that.



So pretty much running on empty yesterday.  Trying to get caught up today.  Hope y'all had a good weekend and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment