Thursday, October 25, 2012

BEEN CATCHING UP

ON MY E-MAILS ... OCTOBER 25 2012 ....

It is funny how many e-mails can pile up if you miss checking one single day.  Today I have been playing catch-up.

One from friend Betty H. really caught my attention.  It was about old friends, separation, reunion.  And it made me think.....

And realize ..... how many friends we all have and take for granted.  They're always going to be here.  After all, we are going to live forever.  Why worry.

Then something happens.  And it is at this time that you  DO realize the meaning of true friendship.  It can be over-whelming.  What have I said or done to be so blessed with so many friends, well-wishers, folks that I may only see and actually touch base with once or twice a year.  But they are always there, hovering in the shadows of your life, ready to extend a helping hand, even if it is only a few words.  Like yesterday.

Had tests done at the hospital.  On the way out ran in to two such friends.  I see them once a year, but we have known each other for ever.  It was so good to see them in such a strange place, but what meant the most to me was the comment "You have made my day, just getting to see you and know you are really o.k.".


We're three 'senior citizens', each with our senior citizen ailments, and to see each other in such an unexpected way. If not for that chance encounter, we may never have seen each other again.  They are vendors.  We used to see
each other at several shows, but they have down-sized to just the Covered Bridge festival.  I had to cancel CBF this year.   I am hoping to do it next year.

If for not that chance meeting, we may have never seen each other again.  We were blessed.

There is always a reason for everything that touches your life.  Ours is not to reason why.  Ours is to rejoice.  Never take your friends for granted. 

Have a good day and God Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment