Wednesday, October 3, 2012

HOW TIME FLIES

WHEN YOU'RE HAVING FUN...OCTOBER 03 2012.....

All the trials and tribulations I have been experiencing must be fun - because time is flying by.  I'm glad I finally figured it out.  Only took about 110 years, give or take a few.

The electrician arrived yesterday afternoon (another new face, never seem to see the same one twice), he could find no rhyme or reason for there to be electric to our garbage disposal and the two adjoining outlets. 

I keep telling everyone it is the GRINCH.  That is what I have named my ghost.  Seems appropriate.  He is top notch at messing things up in the house.

:Perhaps if Mr. Grinch would make himself known to others besides just me, I could shake the strange glances and head shaking when I enter a room. 

Anyhoo Mr. Grinch did an excellent job on our electric.  The electrician is returning this afternoon.

So far Mr. Grinch has not started interfering with our outside work.  We are having sidewalks installed - before you walked on the grass.  These workers are here and have accomplished a lot since Monday morning. 

I have been taking pictures.  Isn't that strange.  They are two of the nicest young men. 

I sort of wandered off of the time flying by.  It is hard to believe that the last 4 weekends of festivals are commencing this weekend.  I had an e-mail from a friend/customer who lives in Hartville, Ohio, asking if I and my co-horts were going to be at Oglebay.

She and her husband have standing reservations at the Lodge every year so they can attend Oglebayfest.  She has bought from me, Russ, Vicki, and Nancy, every single year  and has also become a friend. 

I had to laugh the year when she was purchasing another original from Russ, along with a large picture from me.  Her husband was standing there, and he informed us that the only place left to hang pictures was where his bed was.  She was moving it to the shed.  He is so sober-faced when he tells us anything we don't know whether to believe him or not.

But they are still married, many years later, and they still come to Oglebayfest, he gives her the money when she buys our  items, so either he has escaped the shed, or ......

Also had a phone call from another vendor/friend from Akron, Ohio.  Our group has a habit of preparing a crock-pot of something for Saturday and Sunday eating, and she asked is we were doing it again this year.  While they were in Wisconsin they bought some cheese and she is planning on bringing cheese and crackers to go with whatever.   Do we have fun or what?

Is it any wonder that I love doing the festivals.  It is not so much the selling (but that's what keeps me going) but the fun the weekend brings getting together with folks like these.  Great people I would never have known if I had not been doing the festivals.  What more can anyone ask for?

Today there is sunshine - at least right now.  Enjoy it while you can and God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment