Friday, October 12, 2012

'ROUND AND 'ROUND

WE GOs WE GOs ... OCTOBER 12 2012...
Where we stop nobody knows.  The story of my life.  Lately.  Maybe forever.  No wonder I am dizzy, and I blame it on Vertigo. So what happened this time?  Do you really want to know?

First - the Steelers blew it last night.  Big time.
Second - bossman told me there would be three crews here to work on the cosmetics inside the house and the landscaper would be here to work on the sidewalks outside. But the good part, he would be working at home today.  The chains come off for a little while.

Went to Washington and got my tank treads put on the front of the van.  After all, it will be snowing sometime in the near future. I need tank treads because of living on top of a hill with a driveway that winds and climbs all over the place to get to the top of the hill.

Asked bossman why he didn't get it paved (it is gravel) and put heat tubes in the paving to melt the snow and ice.  You should have seen the look I got with that one.  Guess I don't get my heated driveway.  Hence the tank treads.  That is my name for winter tires that have the most of the mosts in treads.

Then did grocery shopping.  Getting ready for guests after all.  Got home.  Garage entirely blocked with trucks.  Had to park in the yard.  Have a van full of groceries.  Am not about to lug them in from the yard.  Bad enough from the garage. Luckily it is cool and I have nothing frozen.  House full of workers working.

Then the icing on the cake.  Another truck arrives.  It is the cleaning crew that is supposed to be cleaning my house because of all the construction dirt, but the construction is still going on. How do you clean when they are still cutting, sanding, grouting, pounding, nailing, stapling, running in and out with doors open?

I am at my computer but feel as if I were outside.  Need my winter coat in here. 

Move over vertigo - here comes the pneumonia, or some such thing.

No wonder I am grumpy, grouchy, bent out of shape and freezing. 

I do have to admit it is going to be beautiful when done, but when is getting done going to be done?  Figure that one out.

Did I say the landscaper has never shown up?  Will no, he has not shown up as of now.  Probably wouldn't be able to park if he did come.  If the load of gravel comes don't know how they will manage to dump it where it needs to be dumped so the landscaper and reach it to do whatever he is going to do with the truckload of gravel, stuck on the truck.

I don't know why we didn't have someone film the "Perils of Bushko Lane".  It would have made a great reality show.

Are you sure this isn't Friday the 13th?

Have a good day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment