Thursday, December 6, 2012

19 DAYS UNTIL....

CHRISTMAS ... DECEMBER 06 2012 ....

And a very productive day it has been.  At least for me. 

Went to town this morning to do some errands and ended up getting my last Christmas shopping done , except for the few gift cards and packing the cookie tins.

This afternoon baked two more kinds of cookies .

I sliced the pastels, which I made yesterday, and baked them.  They are called pastels because you divide the dough in half, make one half green and one half red.  Boring.  So I have to be different.  Nothing new abut that.

I do add the red and green food coloring to their respective half of the dough, but then just mix it a little.  Once the dough is rolled, refrigerated over night, then sliced to bake, you have really pretty red and white, or green and white, marbled cookies.  Doesn't change the taste, but sure do look pretty.

I also mixed and baked my Christmas White Cookies.  Why called white?  Because the are white.  No color, nada, none, just a white cookie.  They are soft, tasty, and good.  And white.  A nice contrast with the pastels and the Mint Chocolate Delights, which are, of course, chocolate.  Duh !!!

And fourth are my English Toffee cookies, which are a light tan with tiny pieces of English Toffee (hence the name) through the cookie. Completely different color and taste.

I have about 5 other Christmas cookie recipes I will be making, but not today.  Right now I want to wrap a few more presents.  Sooner or later will do the labels for my Christmas Cards, but that is not on the list for today.  Don't know which list it is on, but somewhere, sometime, somehow, they will be mailed.

My tree is as done as it will be.  Got a star.  Too heavy to put on top of tree with it's little holder.  Asked Bossman if he could make it work.  Nope.  Told me it was too heavy. I needed to find something else.


I didn't want something else.  I wanted THIS star.  THIS star was going to work one way or another.  I have spoken.  So be it.

Guess what.  The star looks just beautiful on top of the tree.  Guess it takes a woman to figure out these things.  Took Bossman two days to notice the star was on top of the tree. He asked how did I get it to work.  Told him that was for me, and only me to know. I don't think he would approve, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him, or me.




I'm sure you have to be tired of hearing about the "Perils of Martha" so will close out for today.  There are many many friends on facebook who need our prayers at this time so please take time to say a prayer.  You don't need their names, God knows who they are, and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment