Wednesday, December 19, 2012

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT

IT COULDN'T GET ANY WORSE ... DECEMBER 19 2012 ...

First of all Bossman is off of the 'painter hook'.  He didn't know the painter was coming either.  Panhandle was supposed to call and set up an appointment.  Guess they decided an appointment wasn't necessary, good old crazy lady would be there.

If I wasn't crazy before, I am now, and it is not just the painter. 

A few days ago told Bossman my garage door wasn't working properly.  It would go up, then when it was supposed to go down it would, then right back up again.  Took several trys to get it to stay down.

Bossman said there was probably a rock, or dirt, or some such thing on the garage floor that triggered the emergency feature that would not let the door close if there was something in the way.  Duh!!!  Didn't matter that I had checked for that.  Period.

Well, you know what went on yesterday.  Full day lost for anything productive, when kitchen and dining room  full of painters stuff.  Did get to meet my sister, had a nice relaxing dinner, gift exchange and good gossip session.  Goood ending to a bad day.  Little did I know.

Came home, pushed the button, garage door went right up.  Drove  into the garage. hit the button, door went down, came up.  Hit the button, door went down, came up.  Hit the button door went down came up.


Just about then saw Bossman.  He wanted to know what I was doing.  He just happened to be downstairs at the right time.  Told him I was trying to shut my garage door, that "hasn't been working right".  He just shook his head, went to the opening, cleaned up the floor (that had nothing on it) and wiped off the bottom of the garage door (that had nothing on it).  Then told me to hit the button.

Garage door went down.  Garage door came right back up.   We went through this scenario for almost half an hour, him standing inside my car (of course with the door open) so he could reach the opener, making adjustments.  Hit the button.  Same thing.   More adjustment.  Hit the button.  Same thing.  He finally admitted that the garage door opener had gone bad.  Duh!!!

He did something, got the garage door closed.  Permanently.  My car is in the garage, the door won't open, I am grounded for who knows how long.  Like I don't have anything to do that means leaving the house.  Sure hope he remembers he is now in charge of picking up the mail and newspaper on his way home from work.

I don't have the strength, and these doors don't have anything on them remotely resembling handles, so there is no way I can open the door.

Guess I could start  the car and back out real fast, taking the door with me.  But I don't think that would go over so well with Bossman.  So am grounded. And didn't even do anything nasty to deserve being grounded.

And how is  your day?

Hope it is better than mine.  I have both the painter here inside, and the landscapers here outside.  Will be another non-productive day.  Sure am getting tired of playing solitaire.  

Be glad you're not here and God Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment