Saturday, December 29, 2012

WELL !!!!!

IT'S TOMORROW!!!DECEMBER 29 2012 ......

And it is NOT nice.  We have 8 plus inches here on the hill top and still snowing.  This is the time of year I like to stay home.  Sometimes I have to go out, but only in an emergency.




The first pic was last night.  The other three are today.

Last night I was out.  It was not an emergency. Bossman's car was in for maintenance.  I had to take him to Washington to pick it up after he got home from work. (Luckily we have an extra).  Got him there, filled my gas tank, drove home, got as far as our mail boxes and----------------

It had melteld enough during the day and then froze and the driveway was more ice than snow.  My van is helpless in the snow/ice senario.  Some people can afford the spiffy SUV's, all wheel drive, all the bells and whistles.  I have to depend on my little old van.  This time of year it is not dependable.

Anyhow back to last night.  I know Bossman got home before me because of stopping for gas.  Grabbed my cell phone, called him, told him I was stuck by the mail boxes.  "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE STUCK?" was the first thing I heard.  Loud and clear.

Told him again I was stuck.  He always tells me I need to learn how to drive.  He arrives.  In his 4 wheel drive truck.  Parks to the side of the road, tells me to move over he will drive.  And get me home.  He got abut 3 feet further up the drive than I did.  And he knows how to drive.

Backed the van down to a wide spot in the driveway and parked it. Slippin' and sliddin' on the ice, we got me into the truck.  Glad no one was here with a video camera.

Got up this morning and we were buried in snow.  Bossman's friend (he gets tired of seeing his name in print, so will no longer use names) and Bossman took a tractor down, hooked p the van and pulled it up the hill.  It is now in the garage.  Where it is going to stay until our driveway is completely clear. Whenever that is.

Also some of Bossman's hunting buddies came this morning to muzzle loader hunt. They couldn't get up the driveway either, and one of them has 4 wheel drive.  I guess they have joined the "You need to learn how to drive" bunch.

So guess the only trouble I will be getting into is here at home.  Told Bossman he was getting the grocery lists.

Stay in if you can.  Be careful if you have to go out.  The one good thing - it IS beautiful.  God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment