Tuesday, December 11, 2012

IT IS A COLD

AND DREARY DAY ... DECEMBER 11 2012 ....





Just a bare trace of snow, and a little bit of ice.  Everything is gray.  No spot of color any where to be seen.  I'm glad I Went to Staples yesterday and shipped the presents that needed to be shipped.  I also shipped the picture a customer had ordered for her husband for Christmas.

They had seen this particular picture hanging in my display at the Washington Co Fairgrounds Christmas festival.  She could not find my card.  So she called Family Festivals (the promoters of this show), told them she needed my telephone number.

It just so happened I had e-mailed them that same day about next years festivals.  Talk about perfect timing. 

This customer got my number, gave me a call, I had the picture in stock, and it went UPS yesterday.   Delivery scheduled for today. 

I also have all my gifts for locals wrapped, but not under the tree because there is no room under the tree.  Guess I'll stack them with my bears, who, by the way, are my Christmas card this year.  I'm  a little low on creativity right now.

As you have probably figured out, yesterday was a good day.  Today also starting out good, so will be back to baking cookies.  I have 8 tins I have to fill for Christmas gifts.

The only cookies Bossman likes are chocolate chip.  He keeps asking when I am going to bake them.  Told him they would be last.  If I bake them too soon they will be gone before Christmas, and then he would probably think I should bake him another batch.  Right!

Needless to say no one else gets chocolate chip cookies in their tins.

Also want to get started on my menu for Christmas dinner.    

This is the only time of the year that I make my shrimp cheese ball to eat with crackers, and my candied walnuts.  I usually have to make a double, sometimes a triple recipe of the nuts, as they go so fast. 

Other than all the above, I really have nothing to do.  If my head stays on straight, I will be going on a one day bus trip on Saturday with daughter-in-law Tammie to the Columbus zoo decorated for Christmas.  Should be a wonderful photo-op.  Of course for me everything is a photo-op.

Time's a wastin'.  Better get crackin'.  Don't drive yourself crazy and God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment