Friday, December 21, 2012

ALL IS WELL

AND LAST MINUTE THINGS...DECEMBER 21 2012 ...

Finished my gift wrapping yesterday as I didn't want unwrapped presents floating around in space.  I felt better last night when Brian Williams (NBC) announced that Australia was 12 hours ahead of us, so it was already December 21 there, and since they had just spoken to someone there, and they were still there, that we will probably all be still here.


Wonder how many more times I can use the word 'there'?

Bossman working at home today.  When he takes a break I will ask him to please open my garage door for me so I can go do my last minute shopping (food) for the holiday.  Going to have around 15 for dinner, need to get stuff if I am going to have enough to feed 15, and still stuff left over for grazing the rest of the day.

Now for a word of wisdom.  Don't, and I do mean don't, buy a very strange odd shaped gift for someone without taking into consideration just how are you going to wrap that gift.  I did.  Big mistake.  Big problem.  I don't need big problems.

Anyhoo I bought this gift - about 5 feet (yes you read that right) long and anywhere from 1 inch to 11 inches in height, and this 'thing' needed to be wrapped. 

But then you have to remember how brilliant I am. 

1.  Had to retrieve this gift from under the dresser where it was hidden.  Since if I get down on my hands and knees I am there permanently, that was out.  What with a lot of maneuvering and a long handled back scratcher (the kind with fingers) I was able to retrieve said gift.  Now what?

2.  Have a double/queen bed in the spare room. The gift reached from the foot board almost to the head board.  O.K., now what.

3.  Light bulb came on.  Retrieved several days worth of old newspapers waiting to be recycled.  Spread them out on the bed, taping them together, until they covered the entire bed.  Sure did use a lot of tape.

4.  Had a roll of Christmas paper, the extra long one, that when laying on the bed was long enough to go from one side to the other.  Good  

5.  Laid the wrapping paper on the bed, unrolled and unrolled, until the bed was covered then cut it to size.  Sure one big hunk of wrapping paper.

6.  Laid wrapping paper aside.  Placed gift on the newspapers.  Wrapped the newspapers around and around the gift.  Sure did use a lot of tape.

7.  Remove gift from bed.  Spread out cut wrapping paper on the bed.  Placed newspaper wrapped gift on the Christmas paper.

8.  Wrapped the Christmas paper around and around the gift.  Sure did use a lot of tape.

9.  If anyone ever sees me looking at an odd sized odd shaped thing for a gift, please just consider the source.  And inform the sales clerk that under NO circumstances are they to sell me that odd sized odd shaped thing.

10.  Needless to say this is a very well wrapped, gift, yards and yards of paper, and miles and miles of tape, is still on said bed.  Hope I remember to take it out on Christmas morning. 

And how is your day going?  Stay warm and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment