Sunday, June 19, 2011

A DAY OF RELAXATION -- A DAY OF INSANITY ....... JUNE 19 2011

The day at Georgia's, what a wonderful, relaxing, good food day.  We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and I think we all needed a day off just for fun, as everyone is so busy right now, our heads spin.

This is part of the group, son Michael, Dan, Georgia's husband, friend Vicki, Georgia, daughter Rebecca (owner of Double Edge Press), her daughter my granddaughter Shelby, son Jerry, and grandson Coleman.

Mike's wife Tammie, my grandson Garrett, and Georgia's mother Arlie were inside the house looking at some of Georgia's paintings.  The only one missing was Pastor Linda from Pittsburgh.  Wish she were here.

This is a picture of their farmhouse.  You can see, they are about as isolated as we are, and love every minute of it.  They are also on a dead end road.  Almost to the end, there is one other family beyond them.

Neither one of us can imagine living anywhere else.  I guess you could say we are the lucky ones.

Dan tried planting potatoes again this year.  Last year he decided to plant some, and whoever he talk to told him to plant them at least a foot (12 inches) into the ground, and cover with fertilizer or manure.  So he did.  So no potatoes.  Nada.  Nothing.  What didn't get burned up from the fertilizer were buried so deep they didn't have a chance.

I grow potatoes every year.  Usually have enough for us and to share with family and friends.  I think potatoes are my favorite thing to grow, each hill is a surprise, you never know what you have until you start digging.  Dan asked my advice, I told him I did a shallow trench, then drop the potato pieces in to the trench about 12 inches apart, not deep, and then just cover them with dirt. 

He did that this year, and actually has some pretty good looking potato plants. Hopefully he will get a return on his investment.

A lovely place to sit and relax.

Georgia been experimenting with flower beds, she has some very unusual plants coming into bloom this year.  Will be anxious to see what actually materializes.  Some of the things she has found at nurseries I have never heard of. 

So, this was the day of RELAXATION.

Pastor Linda definitely did not have a day of relaxation.  Her's was the day of INSANITY.

She had to cancel going with us yesterday, as her doctor wanted her to have some blood work done Saturday morning, and possible other tests.  There went the day, so she called Friday night, cancelling.  The rest is quoted form her e-mail received this morning.

After I talked to you last night, the painter called and asked if he could stop by on Saturday afternoon.  I said that would be okay, especially since I would be stuck here by myself when I really wanted to be with you.

I went for the blood work at 7 and did not need the tests.  If I hadn't told the painter to come I would have called you and headed to West Alexander.  The painter NEVER came.

I have had a lousy day.

The neighbor (these neighbors are sort of nutty, you never what they are going to say next) complained that one of my cats had a litter of kittens in her yard.  I am MOST certain that none of my MALE, INDOOR cats did that.  Most certain.

Then again, the Soviet Union may have been a building in Oakland after all.

Pastor Linda attended Pitt, and she received a phone call the other evening from a student at Pitt, doing a sort of assignment, calling the OLD ALUMNI and asking them questions about their time at Pitt compared to now.  The question was - what class did Pastor Linda like the best.  Her reply was the opportunity to study in the Soviet Union.  (She spent time studying in Russia when it was still the Soviet Union).  After a moment of silence the Pitt student replied that she DIDN'T THINK THAT BUILDING WAS STILL ON CAMPUS.

Another phone call from the neighbor complaining that "MY" birds are still flying over their yard.  I have asked them to stop, but they do not listen.

Definitely a day of insanity. 

Now I am asking a no-brainer - which do you prefer, a day of relaxation or a day of insanity.  Whichever, have a good day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment