Wednesday, June 15, 2011

WHAT AM I GOING TO WRITE ABOUT TODAY..............JUNE 15 2011

That was my first thought when I got up this morning.  My mind was blank.  I guess because it is dark in the rabbit hole, maybe it's not really my mind.

I checked my e-mails and there was one from my sister Ruth.  It COULD NOT have been more appropriate.  I guess she read my mind, what there is of it.

LIFE IS A PIECE OF "GOD's" CAKE

This was not the title of the piece, but it fits.

Sometimes we wonder, what did I do to deserve this? or why did God have to do this to me?

Here is the explanation.

A daughter is telling her Mother how everything is going wrong.  She's failing algebra, her boyfriends broke up with her, and her best friend is moving away.

Meanwhile her Mother is baking a cake and asks her daughter if she would like a snack.  The daughter says absolutely Mom, I love your cake.

Here, have some cooking oil her Mother offers.  Yuck answers her daughter.

How about a couple of raw eggs?  Gross Mom!  Would you like some flour then, or maybe some baking soda?  Mom, those are all yucky!

To which the Mother replies:  Yes, all those things seem bad all by themselves, but when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake!

God works the same way.  Many times we wonder why he would let us go through such BAD and DIFFICULT TIMES.  But God knows that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work for the good.  We just have to TRUST Him and eventually they will all make something wonderful.

He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning.  Whenever you want to talk, He'll listen.  He can live anywhere in the universe and He chose your heart.

So, maybe today, I'll get out of my rabbit hole, look around, and realize everything is o.k. after all.

Now, on an entirely different level, I had mentioned that I added a couple of new pictures to the business after my Granville trip.  I think I will share them here -something bright and cheerful to look at.

I was looking for a mail pouch barn that I had on my to do list when I passed this barn.  Being on a back road has its advantages when photo opting.  You can stop and take pictures.

I just couldn't by-pass this scene.  That is the fun part of what I do, you never know when you are going to find something special to photograph.

This is the Gregg Covered Bridge on Frampton Road near Fallsburg in Licking County Ohio, built in 1881.

This bridge was on my list.  I do not photograph everything I have on my photo-shoot lists, as they are all not worth wasting time on, but the ones that are worthwhile are usually great.


Lastly I found this Mail Pouch barn, or shed, I'm not sure which.  It was in Hanover Village in Licking County, and WAS NOT on my list, it was a bonus.

I do not always find everything on my list, as, especially in the case of the MP barns, so many are gone, torn down, fallen down, whatever.

But my lists give me something to look for.  Every time I go anywhere I make my list, and my information comes from the OHIO BARNS website, maintained by the Barnstormers, whom I have mentioned in previous blogs. 

So enough for today.  Maybe my piece of cake will be ready to sample by the end of the day.  Enjoy your cake today, and all days, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment