Tuesday, June 14, 2011

THE RABBIT HOLE CAVED IN - HOW DO I GET OUT?...................

JUNE 14 2011

I was really looking forward to getting home fron Granville Sunday night to see a real working refrigerator.  I walked into the kitchen - and here is the beautiful state-of-the-art refrgerator -- sitting in the middle of my kitchen.  Why is it in the middle?

It is in the middle because it is less than 1" too tall, and about 1/4" too wide.  I had my "where the refrigerator would go" dimensions, was assured it would fit.  Talk about being deflated.  And down came the hole crashing on top of me, burying me forever, never having a working refrigerator again.  This one works, but not in the middle of the floor.  Especially when the kitchen is not the largest one on the block (since I don't live on a block, I guess in the neighborhood) no room for said fridge.  My nerves have had it.  My system went into overdrive, then crashed, and the rabbit hole came ate me up.

So Monday morning off I go to Sears, sales slip and dimensions in hand.  Talked to a really nice Sears Manager, he told me no problem, they would remove the new, never installed, refrigerator and replace it for me.  Which one would I like.

And I found out that what I liked, what the old fridge had been like, when it worked, were no longer being made in the size I needed.  Everyone wants bigger and better, so the fridges are getting bigger - I don't know about the better as I have no way to compare the bigger and better with the older and not working.

After almost an hour of looking, the manager using his tape measure, I found two that would work (supposedly) in the empty spot in my kitchen.  My preference, when checking the computer, was being closed out, there were none available, the one on the floor was black and all my other appliances are white (which is what I prefer)  So scratch that one.  The only other one is another Kenmore (I have found out all Kenmores are made by LG) and it has the desired bottom freezer bin that pulls out, just like the one I had.  Only the top part is one door instead of two, there is no water dispenser, and, guess what, one is available in the warehouse, could be delivered today.  Goody!!!!!

So the manager calls the department that schedules the pickup of returns and the delivery of the new stuff, talks a few minutes, gives them my phone number, and then tells me that they will be calling me within 24 hours to take care of the financial details and schedule delivery.  Have a good day!

This was at 10 a.m. yesterday morning.  The 24 hours have come and gone.  I have not had a phone call.  I have heard nothing.  I don't even have the telephone number the manager called so that I can call them.   I have an empty spot in my kitchen.  I have a beautiful fridge sitting in the middle of the floor, laughing at me.  And you wonder why I am definitely not normal.

10:15 a.m. today.   I called Sears, got a different manager.  Went through entire scenario, she was actually very helpful, had me on one phone, the service department on another.  They had the paper work, but had never gotten around to processing it.  Too late for delivery today.  Delivery should be tomorrow - said with tongue in cheek.  SUPPOSED to get phone call this evening telling me what time tomorrow. 

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, I think I will just stay in my rabbit hole,  as I am getting it arranged to suit my mentality, and being down here I don't have to contend with the real world.

Let me know when you see the sunshine and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment