Wednesday, June 29, 2011

PLAYING WITH PICTURES .... ie IMPRESSIONISTIC PHOTOGRAPHY ... JUNE 29 2011

For the most part I am a traditional photographer, what you see in my pictures is what you would see if you went to where the picture was taken.  BUT, I have a 1% selection of what is classified as Impressionistic Photography. 

The impressionism is created either in how the picture is taken, or how the picture is processed.  I do both. 

Today will be photography 109 - processing impressionistic pictures.  This picture is of a bright pink hollyhock, one of the old fashioned type.  This is how it looked for real, the one on the right.
The picture of the hollyhock on the left as how it looked printed as a color-reversal adding sepia-tone.  Same flower, but not what you would see if you went there.

The next picture is how it would look with the original picture being printed as a sepia-tone rather than a color print.  It is amazing how one little thing can change the effect so completely. 
Now for the question - which one do you like best? 

Another way to achieve impressionism is to photograph through textured glass, such as found in shower stall doors  There are many different types of glass and each different type will give a completely different look.  Below is one of my pictures through the glass I prefer.  You can see what is close to the glass is very clear, but what is further away becomes very impressionistic.
Please ignore the gaps.  For some reason I have had a lot of problems today with uploading the pictures, placing them properly, and trying to type where I should be typing.  The hazards of computers.

So guess I will close for now.  Sorry I am running so late, but this has been an on and off job all day, just to get this far.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Enjoy your lesson and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment