Thursday, June 30, 2011

GETTING READY FOR CAIN PARK ARTS FESTIVAL ..... JUNE 30 2011

Any time you do a new festival you are on pins and needles.  Will I get lost?  Will I do well?  Will I like the promoters?  Will I like the location?  Will I have a happy face or a sad face? 

I am driving up on Thursday and spending the night in the area. The festival opens at 3 p.m. on Friday, and my scheduled time for set-up is 7 a.m.  Since I have to put up my own tent, it takes time, and the help of anyone willing to take the time to help.  I have never had anyone refuse to help me yet, but there is always that first time.

Am starting to print pictures to be matted and/or framed for this festival, as I sold out of so many of the popular ones at Boston Mills, so am behind in the ball game at this moment.

In addition to all this, am going to a 4th of July party on Sunday July 3rd, and am having a 4th of July party on Monday July 4th.  That leaves me Tuesday and Wednesday of next week to finish all preparations.  Sometimes I have to agree with my kids - I really am nuts to be going through all this.  But I do have fun.

I really don't know what I would do if I were not involved in all that I do.  I think that is what keeps me going.  I always always have something to look forward to.  Sometimes when I look backwards, I wonder why?  But then I know why.  I love what I do.

The weekend after Cain Park is the Dublin Ohio Art show, and the last Saturday of the month is the Barnstormers picnic.  August will be here before you know it, and July hasn't officially arrived yet.

All of September, October and November arts festivals are in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.  Can't show favoritism, so try to spread myself around, but Ohio has the most quality shows, especially in early summer.

So off to the printing, matting and framing.  Looking forward to each festival, catching up with old friends, and making new ones..  I wonder what Cain Park will bring?
RED TAILED HAWK
Have a great day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment