Tuesday, July 19, 2011

CATCHING UP WITH MYSELF.....JULY 19 2011.......

Today, hopefully, I will catch up with myself.  I have been so out of control, there are so many phone calls I need to make to touch base with friends, things I have let go as the time has just gotten away from me this summer.

The kids head back to Arizona today.  They have been here three weeks, and it seems more like three minutes - the time has flown by so fast, I really hate to see them go.  It will seem as if they were never here.

We had a good rain last night, really needed it, but now I can mow the yard again.  It really needs it also, but didn't want to do it while everything was so dry.  So, tomorrow, will - hopefully - mow.  Not today.  Today is catch up with myself day - doing the little things that need done.  Tomorrow will take care of itself when it gets here.

I will share a couple of my new pictures with you here, it always fun to have something new to show.

The first is the ruins of the Henkle Mill near Delaware, Ohio.  It had once been a very productive mill, now all that remains are the walls, the roof and two floors are gone.  However, where the remains are located is on well-kept property, and the couple living there were very gracious in letting me photograph the mill, and telling me a little bit about it.

They have done a great job of landscaping and mowing around the mill, I think I may add this picture to the business.

The next picture is of an old barn, with Mail Pouch on one end and Kentucky Club on the other.  I am showing the Ky Club pic here.  You don't find too many of them anymore, so it is fun when you run across one.


This pic will also go into the business.  I have several more that I will share down the road, but for now I have to:

Clean out the refrigerator.
Take a break.

Make some phone calls to friends.
Take a break.

Get the spare room put in order for the next round of guests.
Take a break.

Run some errands.
Take a break.

Don't have to worry about planning meals for the rest of the week, as Jerry left for Massachusetts this morning on business and will not be back until Friday evening.  The dogs and I can crash this afternoon.  And this evening.  And tomorrow, when I am not mowing.  And Thursday.  Maybe by Friday I will be back to normal, whatever that is.  Any more I am not too sure.

Then Saturday the Barnstormers picnic.  Can hardly wait for that, it is one of the highlights of the year.  I really don't need to be wishing time away as it goes by too fast all on its own, but there is always something neat down the road.  So guess I'll just keep movin' along, enjoyin' the sights, and havin' a good time. 

Hope the same goes for all of you and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment