Wednesday, July 27, 2011

TALK ABOUT A PROUD MOM...JULY 27 2011...........

To quote my daughter - "IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS".

I am sure you are wondering what this is all about.  So I will have to give you a thumbnail sketch of what my daughter Rebecca is all about.

She is all about doing what she loves to do, and doing a great job on top of overseeing a husband, four teen aged children, two in college, one dog, one cat, one house, and one business.  Makes me tired just writing this down.

Always interested in reading, writing (no arithmetic) and keeping busy, (she began her own publishing house - DoubleEdge Press) in 2005 (I think.  I lose track of time, but there-a-bouts).  Since her first release, to date she has published and released 16 books, with several more pending.

She has also been an invited guest/speaker at the Florida Writers Association annual meeting in Orlando Florida, for three years, where she has met with writers, and brought home manuscripts for consideration.  She has also presented workshops on writing, and been on one of their discussion panels.

I was fortunate enough to be with her for two years, her husband Neal went with us last year, and this year it will be just Neal and Rebecca, as I have other commitments.  But I will will greatly miss being there.

Now for the exciting news - FOUR, yes I said FOUR, of her authors are award winning authors.  Imagine the excitement of knowing that four authors you chose, yes I said CHOSE, to represent, are award winners.  I believe that says a lot about both the authors, and the publisher.  The author writing exceptional books, and the publisher realizing they are exceptional writers.

 Jane Gill's book, published by Rebecca  A Matter of Pride is a finalist FWA's Royal Palm Literary Awards contest for Published-booklength works this year.
Her most recent book, A Place No One Should Go by DL Havlin won a POW award for Best Novella (unpublished) in 2009. And the author himself won POW's Author of the Year Award in 2008. Did she know these things when she read his work? No. 

This is her newest release.  By the way, she also designed the book covers for these two books.  WOW!!!

The third award winning author, is Gail MacMillan for her book entitled Ceilidh's Quest which won the DWAA Maxwell Medal in New York for Best Non-Fiction 2007.
Her fourth award winning author is Sunny Serrafino, whose latest manuscript has been received by Rebecca and will be one of her forthcoming releases. 
Yesterday, she received an email from Sunny with the incredible news that her Unpublished work Finding Amy  has been selected as a finalist in FWA's Un-Published Booklength Category.  Rebecca had just recently received this manuscript for editing and publication down the road.  This will be the second book Rebecca is publishing for Sunny.

As this manuscript has just been submitted, no book cover is available as of yet.

And, who knows how many manuscripts she and Neal will bring home with them from Florida this year for consideration.  In addition to all this, she currently has seven (yes I said seven) manuscripts scheduled for release in the next 18-24 months.

I think I forgot to tell you that in addition to all she does, she also works outside the home for a temporary agency, one who places someone to work for a company on a temporary basis to catch up back-log, or until they hire a permanent employee.  I wonder what she does with her spare time?

I hope this wets your appetites, and that you will check out Double Edge Press and order some of the books she has published.  I have read them all to date, and they are very worthwhile reading.

I can't help but wonder which cabbage leaf I found her under!

So, if you do order a book,  enjoy reading, and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...you have a lot to be proud of with this one! Seems as if the love of reading and writing runs in the family I'd say.

    ReplyDelete