Monday, July 18, 2011

EXTREMES -- Some Bad, Some Good, Some Worthwhile......JULY 17 2011

This was definitely a weekend of extremes, I experienced them all. 

First was the Dublin Art Fest - this was the "some bad".  Unloading and setting up on Friday was the worst ..and hardest... that I have done in years.  It was an outdoor show, which I do a lot of, but there was absolutely NOTHING to make set-up easy.  In addition it was 88 degrees and humid.  Really really humid.  Saturday was the same temp. wise, and the dedicated festival goers that did come out were definitely not buying, drinking cold stuff, but not buying.  So, the weekend was pretty much a bust.

Because the festival did not end until 8 p.m. Saturday night and it takes about 2 hours to tear down and load up, I had made reservations to stay an extra night, starting home Sunday Morning.

Sunday was the "Some Good".  Since I was in the area, decided to stick around and do a photo shoot.  This worked out well,  Found two old stone buildings, one castle, one mail pouch barn, two abandoned mills, a covered bridge and a neat old falling down barn.

This is the MAC-O-CHEE castle in Logan County Ohio.

I don't know the history of it yet, but when my research is done I will share with you. 

The next thing I will share was the "Some Worthwhile".  It was actually a huge Worthwhile.  We were sitting on the deck when the moon began to rise from behind the trees.   It looked huge, I grabbed the camera, not knowing if I would get a good pic or not, took several shots.  I must say it was an awesome sight.

I got 8 pictures, as the moon rose higher and higher in the sky.

How can anyone ever say that this world "just happened"?  Nothing that looked like that "just happened".

Looking at that sight made me realize that all the ups and downs of the weekend, of the week, of your life really don't matter.  What is around you is what matters.

So the next time you see the full moon appearing from behind the trees, or buildings,  think about all the stupid things we worry about, and how few of the majestic things we enjoy.  We are always too busy doing something else.

Think about this, look at the sky, and see how awesome it is.  Take care and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment