Friday, July 22, 2011

JUST ME and THE DOGS.....JULY 22 2011...........

Since Tuesday it has been just me and the dogs.  The Kids returned to Arizona, Jerry flew to Massachusetts on business, so there is just me and the dogs ---and my three outdoor cats, that come every morning for breakfast, then the heck with me, until they are hungry the next morning.  Fickle animals!!!

It has never mattered about being alone on my hill-top, in fact it is more secure up here than down on a main, paved, road where we used to live.  I have never felt the least bit insecure.

But I did feel weird the other evening.  Really weird.

It was about 9:30 in the evening, dark, there was a slight breeze blowing and I was sitting on the deck.  Suddenly I heard so much yipping, barking, growling, and it sounded really really close.  It was coyotes.  We have coyotes on the farm, I have seen them several times this summer.

They must have been having a major disagreement, or a major fight, or a major something.  From the direction of the noise I placed them in the area where our mail box and newspaper box are at the foot of our driveway (3/10 of a mile from the house) and out of sight of the house. 

In just a few moments they must have settled their dispute as all became quiet once again.  I just breathed a sigh of relief when our motion-sensor outside light on the shop building, just to the right of the house and deck, came on.

I am sitting there, on the deck, by myself, and something was down by the shop.  I am not sure whether I should sit very very still, should run into the house, or scream.  Of course screaming would do no good as there would be no one to hear me, except whomever or whatever was by the shop.  So I waited, hoping the darkness kept me hidden, wondering what was down there.

I never did see anything, and shortly the light went back out.  Whatever was there had moved on.

I moved on also, into the house.  I could handle the coyotes, and I could handle the light coming on, as birds, rabbits, cats, anything that moved would trigger the lights, but both at the same time.  Forget that noise.  Next time I sit on the deck in the dark by myself, with no one else anywhere around, I will know for sure I have gone 'round the bend - so to speak.

Now have to prepare my covered dish to take to the Barnstormers picnic tomorrow.  Supposedly Jerry will be arriving home tonight.  But then, who knows for sure.  All depends on what is happening in Mass. 

So, off to get busy.  Everyone have a great weekend.  I will not be blogging tomorrow, but will touch base on Sunday re the picnic.  Stay cool and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment